Monday, 18 February 2013

The Weekend Edition



: bath. candle. wine. Enough said. 
: peepo 
: watching the world go by 
: Spring! 
: a rare shot of the two of them - watching an aeroplane I presume? 
: she never wants to be in the pram these days (even with her chilly little nose)
: always following Olla 
: more Spring!
: I have no idea
: the sentinel and his lance. He was deciding whether or not to let me pass.
: beautiful light
: Sunday night tired

Those 24 hours of solitude were utterly blissful. I did exactly as I said – cooked a nice meal, drank wine, cleaned. Then woke – at NINE A.M (yes, nine o’clock in the morning. I know) – did some yoga with the sun streaming through the windows, drank tea quietly, studied, worked, walked Bella in the late afternoon sunshine, enjoyed a candlelit bath (accompanied with wine and cheese. I know) and then prepared to see my beautiful family once more. It was heavenly and quiet and delicious and a must, I believe, for the sanity of all mums once in a while.  

Then yesterday we took the little tadpoles swimming, pottered and played and went for a gorgeous afternoon walk to the Winkworth Aboretum. Have you been? Go. It was lovely. And Spring was everywhere I looked – daffodils, pussy willow, crocus buds, snowdrops, little blooms all over the place and so much sunshine.

And now here we are at the start of half term and a busy one at that. We have playmates planned with old friends, a trip to the theatre tomorrow and then I’m in another three-day training workshop for the remainder of the week (thank you Mum, you are the best!).

Are you on half term duty this week? What’s in store? 

5 comments:

  1. Oh your time alone sounds divine, glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect 24 hours! Oh the things I take for granted as a young married lass with no kids yet!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa - enjoy the moments while you can! x

      Delete
  3. So glad your 24 hours lived up to the expectations! Really beautiful photos here - my favourite is the one of the glass of white wine. Not sure what that says about me really.

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate each and every one and try to reply as often as I can. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...