Monday, 11 February 2013

One rainy afternoon


Over the weekend, during a rare child-less wander around town with my sister-in-law, she asked what the local library was like. 

To my horror, I realised we weren't members. We've been living here for nine months and haven't yet made it to the top of the high street to claim our library cards. Shameful! 

I love libraries and books and yet for some reason, seeking out our new local had totally slipped my mind. 

And so today, we did what should have been done months ago. We spent two lovely hours pottering about, reading and choosing books. Ollie headed straight for the transport section. Lila headed straight for the stairs - oh how she loves to climb. They both enjoyed sitting in the reading nook. And we came home with the biggest stack, with a very definite theme - super cars, stock cars, fast super cars, monster machines, speed machines. I'm sure our boy will be a racing car driver one day. 

Do you belong to the library? Do you visit often? 

9 comments:

  1. Yes, we love the library. We usually go every other week, although in the winter I find we are going weekly. I usually grab a tea on the way and we hang around reading books, playing and choosing books to bring home. Always a great way to spend the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have such fond memories of going as a child. So glad we've got back in to the swing of it again - we loved spending rainy afternoons there in Sydney. x

      Delete
  2. Awww beautiful photos Anna, such little cuties. Looks like a gorgeous library... I'm a little ashamed to admit we have NEVER been to our local library... and we LOVE books! You have inspired me with your lovely post though.
    And has it really been 9 months since you left Aust?? My goodness that has gone fast!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules! And yes, can you believe it - 9 whole months! x

      Delete
  3. I am a member of our local library but I can't remember the last time I got a book out! How terrible! Summer is my novel reading season when I have a breath of air from a year of full-on post-grad study. I shall make more of an effort to visit!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes do - just as much fun for adults as it is for kids! x

      Delete
  4. Very sweet photos. We like our little library but don't visit often enough, even though it's only a ten minute walk away. I love letting the kids go mad and choose their own books though, they choose the most random stuff!

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gillian. It is quite funny letting them loose - Ollie would have bought home the whole of the transport section if I'd have let him! x

      Delete
  5. Very soon this site will be famous among all blog visitors, due to it's nice posts

    my webpage: cash advance jacksonville fl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate each and every one and try to reply as often as I can. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...