Friday, 15 February 2013

It’s oh so quiet…



There’s a quiet around here tonight that I haven’t felt for a while. That’s because I haven’t had this for a very long time. Because tonight, for the first time in three-and-a-half years, I am home alone, for the whole of tonight and all of tomorrow.

And as much as I probably should say something here about how I’ll miss my family and can’t wait to see them again tomorrow and that I’m counting down the hours for cuddles with my babes, I am actually SO excited about the whole thing. Oh my god am I excited. 

So while Paul is down in Dorset with my parents and the kiddos (I can’t be bothered to explain why, it’s not that interesting), I get some proper, uninterrupted, quiet time to potter. Just me, myself and I.

Tonight, I will eat roasted salmon with spinach and vine-ripened tomatoes, for one. Then, with wine in my hand and the music on, I will clean. Boring? Yes. But to wake up tomorrow in a quiet and clean house. Bliss.

In the morning, after I’ve woken naturally, with not even a hint of a child in my bed or the call of ‘muuuuuuum, can I watch CBeebies?’, I will drink tea, practice yoga and eat in peace. Then I'll settle down at the computer to study some more (I've been at it all week) and complete a series of online exams, which form part of the training process for my new business.

I’ll get to spend time making a decent lunch, I’ll take the dog for a walk to clear my head and I’ll just enjoy being here by myself.

What a little moment of luxury.

Do you enjoy time alone? What are you up to this weekend?

18 comments:

  1. Oh that sounds so gorgeous. But your title makes me want to go all Bjork and start going a bit crazy.

    Enjoy - but not too much or you'll want more :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha very true. Perhaps I'll have to make it a monthly thing - but then it wouldn't be quite so lovely! x

      Delete
  2. Oh how absolutely wonderful. Enjoy every second.

    I love time alone, in fact I need it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds wonderful! Enjoy the quiet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a dream to me! Enjoy your alone time and make the most of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't visited for ages - your blog is looking beautiful! I recently had two whole nights home alone. I spent the first few hours feeling fragile, but by the end of it I was so relaxed. I think it should be a regular thing! That and regular nights away from the house alone. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds perfect Anna ... enjoy the silence ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. people often say "you need to make the most of time by yourself before you have children" but I think it's more just taking time to be alone is SO important and that once you have children it's that much more difficult to prioritise yourself, especially if you feel it's taking away from them. I've cleaned the bath on a Friday night while my flatmates were out - I know the feeling. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds divine. Lap it up, Anna!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a little slice of heaven. Enjoy it. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like absolute bliss. Hope you're enjoying it wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What bliss Anna! I dream of waking up naturally :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, heaven!! I have never had that much time alone in the house. I took the kids to my parents at New Year and left hubby home alone - he was quite at a loss and didn't know what to do with himself while we were gone!

    I would watch all the telly only I like and craft and clean and sleep for hours and wake on my own...it would be lovely. I do get a couple of hours to myself some mornings while youngest is at nursery but inevitably spend them shopping or cleaning...

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate each and every one and try to reply as often as I can. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...