Tuesday, 18 December 2012

Not a moany post



I’m back! How are you all? 

Now as the title suggests, this had the potential to be one helluva moany post. But as the news of the Connecticut tragedy started to filter through, I realised that I shouldn’t really be annoyed that on our first night at Centre Parcs, Ollie badly cut his knee on one of three broken shower tiles which meant absolutely no swimming and trying to keep his activity to a minimum to give it chance to heal {yes, really}. Because at the end of the day, having to deal with three screaming trips to the medical centre with him and then sitting up with Lila for three nights on the trot as she battled yet another fever makes me so, so much luckier than those poor families having to face saying their last goodbyes. My heart goes out to them all.

And as for Centre Parcs? The jury is still out I’m afraid. The frosty forest, the villa we had with the hot tub to beat all hot tubs and celebrating my Dad’s 60th were all fabulous. But the whole knee debacle did dampen our spirits somewhat and we didn't really have the chance to experience exactly what the place is all about. Onwards and upwards though. And now Christmas is just around the corner.


Can you believe it? One week people. Crazy.

I’m feeling mostly organised and kind of not. I still have shopping to do and wrapping to start. Ollie had his last day at pre-school yesterday and came home with all manner of lovely Christmas crafts, which may well feature here later this week.

Until then, how is everyone? I hope your Christmas preparations are filled with mince pies and cheesy festive tunes.

19 comments:

  1. That hot tub looks worth it Anna. *Steam* xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the knee, hope it heals up well. That hot tub looks lovely, hope you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim - it is looking much better this week x

      Delete
  3. That hot tub looks amazing!! Sorry about the knee incident but as you said, recent events seem to put everything into perspective :( Can I ask did you make the 'grandpa' artwork yourself or have it custom made... am thinking this would be a good gift for my mother-in-law's birthday next year as she is one of those people who have everything :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing. So amazing. Yes the artwork is custom made - from here... http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/imaginephotowords/product/photoword-grandpa-in-an-a4-frame I had one made for my Mum a while back too and they are really very clever. Each photo is carefully fitted around the letter. Hope the seller ships to Oz! x

      Delete
  4. I still have wrapping to do, the hardest job for me because little miss 15 months keep unwrapping what I've wrapt...! Beautiful photos again Anna. Do hope Ollie is on the mend. And love the GRANDPA frame/gift! Can I ask, did you purchase it online? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I haven't put any presents under the tree yet because I know little picky fingers will be at that tape quicker than I can say mince pie! I just posted the link to the Grandpa print above - I'll add it into the post too. They are so lovely. x

      Delete
  5. I got this web site from my buddy who informed me about this web
    page and at the moment this time I am visiting this web site and
    reading very informative content here.
    Feel free to surf my web-site ... http://africanmangoguide.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi centre parcs looks nice though, hope you managed ago in the hot tub! shame about the knee, Heather x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice - lovely setting, didn't feel overcrowded and plenty to do for kids. Although all the extra activities did seem quite expensive. Thanks for your thoughts x

      Delete
  7. The hot tub would feel amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so right Anna ... we have so much to be grateful for ... sorry about the little knee ... hope it is much better ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bee - it is better. Although so much drama when we removed the bandage yesterday! x

      Delete
  9. Oh dear! Hope Center Parcs are doing something about those tiles. Yes,I think all parents gave their children an extra long hug that awful day didn't they?x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes me too. We shall see. That day was so sad, I just can't begin to imagine. Thank you for commenting x

      Delete
  10. Just means Christmas has got to be better ;) Love the hot tub pics, could so do with that right about now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope so. Surely! That hot tub was honestly the best thing ever. I need one in my life. x

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate each and every one and try to reply as often as I can. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...